Thursday, February 17, 2011

A garden of lollipops...

A new day, a brand new start..
It takes practice, practice and more practice..My sewing skills aren't perfect and often I will need to modify and think of various other strategies to make it work.. I guess this makes it unique in a way..For this project, I was inspired by the book Start to Applique by Nancy Nicholson. The instructions are easy to follow & understand..She has used felt and fabric but I have decided to stick to just using fabric. It took me awhile to complete the project due to the blanket stitch as it requires ultimate patience and concentration..I was having trouble with my joints and often had to stop between stitches.. Despite everything, I enjoyed the whole process of making the bags..

Felt bag [photo taken from Start to Applique]

I have decided to give it a try and here goes...

Bag with no zipper but with compartment..
At that time, the first trial, I forgotten to leave some allowances when cutting out the pattern and had to modify  the bag completely..I did not know about fusible fleece and was using normal batting..This was a little challenging especially when trying to bind both lining and outer layers together. 
Bag with zipper and my me Ninot label...
I found is easier to use fusible fleece as well :)
It gives the bag more weight and easier to join the lining and outer layers together..

My garden of lollipops..

Close up of the bag... Fabrics were ironed on and secured with blanket stitch.

For now, both the bags are sitting patiently at mom's shop..
Hopefully, whoever who gets them will enjoy them..


Until then, have a great day ahead...




2 comments:

  1. hi hi! this is super cute, such a clever cookie! nice labels too :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura :) Thank you so much for coming by...i miss you so much..it's not the same without u..enjoy your time alright..will try to keep my blog updated..:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete