Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Sunday Afternoon

I was supposed to make many things purses, buntings and the list goes on...but I got side tracked!!
I just realise that I have not made my very own sewing essential, THE PINCUSHION.
Hence, I decided that...
Today's quick project will be making Pincushion..
Thanks to My First Sewing book by Cico Kids, I found the style of pincushion that I adore.
Thank God for Libraries :)
I love this book :) Very easy to follow and understand. Although, it's meant for kids, it doesn't mean we can't use it..Well, there's an inner child in every one of us... For this mini project, I decided to utilise the scraps that I have just sorted out earlier on..and fabric gifts from my close friends..
Colourful instructions are always welcomed :)
I have chosen flowers and polka dots. Always a favourite. Fabrics are from my scrap boxes and some are from Laura and Chrissie :) Thanks my lovelies..


I backstitch all the pieces together by hand.. A little tedious but was a peaceful process while
watching videos online..Honestly, I was a little lazy to set up the sewing machine..



Final touches with a little yoyo and a button that I made :)
Close up of my flowery pin cushion..



Finally I can focus on creating more projects..
Yaay!!

Lots of Love,

me Ninot

No comments:

Post a Comment