Thursday, October 20, 2011

Buttons & Hearts

 Remember this? A fabulous tutorial from Rashida of iHeartLinen comes in very handy..
I've started a new project for a friend, Cherie..
In the middle of the night  I was inspired to create these hearts...
I tried two options, gluing the hearts or sewing them one by one..
Clearly the later is the better option though a little more tedious..but less messy at all...
I guess everything's trial and error right. You won't learn till you try it..

TRIAL 1:
Gluing in process..sigh..so messy and not too happy with the outcome..
 TRIAL 2:
Sewing each button one by one..

I really enjoy making them that i decided to make another one :) 
A close up of my heart :)


I have decided to use the hearts as a finishing embellishment on my little coin purse..

My Loyal Janome..


 A Close up of my fabric choices
Thanks Rashida from iHeartLinen for inspiring me to make the purse..
Again using blanket stitch to secure the Heart to the coin purse..

The inside Cherry lining :)

All pack up to go to a beautiful home ;)


I hope you'll like this..
Sewing from the Heart :)

A little Love is coming your way soon..


the one & only,

me Ninot


No comments:

Post a Comment